Qualifications & Training
- Accredited Mental Health Social Worker
- NLP Master Practitioner & NLP Trainer
- Bachelor of Arts (Psychology and Philosophy), University of New South Wales
- Bachelor of Social Work, Charles Sturt University
- Certified Daring Way™ Facilitator (CDWF), based on the research of Dr Brené Brown
- Accredited Mental Health Social Worker, Australian Association of Social Workers
- Clinical Social Worker, Australian College of Social Work, Clinical Division
- Co-founder and Life Member, Australia Board of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (ABNLP Inc.)
- Registered Medicare Provider
- Monday (every third) 8am-2pm
- Tuesday: 10.45am – 7.15pm
- Friday: 10.30am – 4.30pm
- Saturday (fortnightly approximately): 8.45am – 4 pm
- Individual counselling and therapy (For adults aged 18 and over)
- $195 first session (90 minutes)
- $170 for subsequent sessions (60 minutes)
- (An additional $10 applies for clients seen from 5.30pm or on Saturday).
- Unfortunately, I am unable to provide bulk billing or reduced fees (however, please check our other practitioner profiles).
For clinical and professional supervision and private practice mentoring fees, please contact Trudy by phone or email. Medicare rebates apply for clients who are referred via a GP Mental Health Treatment Plan.
I have been working in the fields of mental health, counselling & coaching for close to 20 years across diverse practice areas in the non-government sector and in private practice; with significant experience in the management and operations of a successful group private practice. I have worked in private practice for 13 years.
I have a Bachelor of Social Work degree and am an Accredited Mental Health Social Worker and Clinical Social Worker. I have an undergraduate Bachelor of Arts degree (majoring in Psychology and Philosophy). I combine these fields of study and practice areas with innovative modalities including Neuro Linguistic Programming), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Solution Focussed and Strengths based therapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Positive Psychology and Success Coaching methods.
I am a Certified Daring Way™ Facilitator (CDWF); a highly experiential methodology based on the research of Dr Brené Brown. As part of The Daring Way™ process we explore topics which include vulnerability, courage, shame and worthiness.
I am the Director, Founder and Principal Therapist at Talkingminds.
I am interested in the mind-body connection and the ability to heal, regenerate and transform. Drawing on my social work training and strengths based approaches, I work with the ‘whole person’ and consider carefully the context, environment and history of my client’s situations. I consider it a true privilege to bear witness to the transformation of my clients and their individual journeys.
I am well versed in the management and innovative treatment of a range of concerns including depression and anxiety, PTSD and complex trauma, stress management, relationship concerns, grief and loss and life transitions. I welcome varied referrals.
I have in recent times refined and developed 3 core practice areas which may be of interest to you:
- Workplace Well-Being
Learning to manage yourself at work, whether it be through good stress management, boundary setting, negotiation and assertive communication are vital to surviving and thriving in today’s workplace cultures. Suited to a range of professions.
- Health & Well-Being
Whether it be recovering from illness or maintaining good health; keeping a healthy mind and body are the keys to a long and fulfilling life. Life stressors can gradually erode mental and physical well-being but with a mindful outlook many positive life enhancing strategies can be adopted to optimise well-being.
- Enhancing Personal Effectiveness
By utilising some of the technologies of NLP and coaching I work with people to improve motivation, overcome procrastination, enhance communication, override negative habits, develop life goals and enrich relationships.
I also provide professional supervision and private practice mentoring to mental health professionals and am passionate about ensuring that professionals receive the right support. Additionally, I offer a tailored coaching program (communication coaching). Price on application.
I maintain a strong commitment to my professional and personal development and receive regular clinical supervision.