Qualifications & Training
- Accredited Mental Health Social Worker
- NLP Master Practitioner & NLP Trainer
- Bachelor of Arts (Psychology and Philosophy), University of New South Wales
- Bachelor of Social Work, Charles Sturt University
- Certified Daring Way™ Facilitator (CDWF), based on the research of Dr Brené Brown
- Accredited Mental Health Social Worker, Australian Association of Social Workers
- Clinical Social Worker, Australian College of Social Work, Clinical Division
- Co-founder and Life Member, Australia Board of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (ABNLP Inc.)
- Registered Medicare Provider
- Tuesday: 10.45am – 7.15pm
- Friday: 10.30am – 4.30pm
- Saturday (fortnightly approximately): 8.45am – 4 pm
- Individual counselling and therapy (For adults aged 18 and over)
- $195 first session (90 minutes)
- $170 for subsequent sessions (60 minutes)
- (An additional $10 applies for clients seen from 5.30pm or on Saturday).
- Unfortunately, I am unable to provide bulk billing or reduced fees (however, please check our other practitioner profiles).
- Coaching fees: P.O.A.
For clinical and professional supervision and private practice mentoring fees, please contact Trudy by phone or email. Medicare rebates apply for clients who are referred via a GP Mental Health Treatment Plan.
I have been working in the fields of mental health, counselling & coaching for over 20 years across diverse practice areas in the non-government sector and in private practice; with significant experience in the management and operations of a successful group private practice. I have worked in private practice for 14 years.
I have a Bachelor of Social Work degree and am an Accredited Mental Health Social Worker and Clinical Social Worker. I have an undergraduate Bachelor of Arts degree (majoring in Psychology and Philosophy). I combine these fields of study and practice areas with innovative modalities including Neuro Linguistic Programming), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Solution Focussed and Strengths based therapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Positive Psychology and Success Coaching methods.
I am a Certified Daring Way™ Facilitator (CDWF); a highly experiential methodology based on the research of Dr Brené Brown. As part of The Daring Way™ process we explore topics which include vulnerability, courage, shame and worthiness.
I am the Director, Founder and Principal Therapist at Talkingminds. I work with an amazing team of clinicians at Talkingminds whose input enriches our practice.
I am interested in the mind-body connection and the ability to heal, regenerate and transform. Drawing on my social work training and strengths based approaches, I work with the ‘whole person’ and consider carefully the context, environment and history of my client’s situations. I consider it a true privilege to bear witness to the transformation of my clients and their individual journeys.
I am well versed in the management and innovative treatment of a range of concerns including depression and anxiety, PTSD and complex trauma, stress management, relationship concerns, grief and loss and life transitions. I welcome varied referrals.
In determining the methods and approach I use with individual clients, I consider the following:
- I work holistically, assessing the whole person, not just their symptoms or diagnosis.
- I work flexibly in my therapeutic and coaching approach and do not adhere rigidly to one model if this will not produce the best outcomes for my clients.
- I view mental illness and psychological distress within relevant contexts. That context may be cultural, relational, familial, social, vocational, political or spiritual.
- I encourage client feedback and do not see this as a sign of resistance or personality deficit.
- Excellent treatment outcomes are possible with the right therapeutic fit.
- I hold myself accountable to the same principles that I encourage my clients to consider.
- As humans we are imperfect and vulnerable. Real growth occurs when we learn to embrace both. Resistance to both keeps us stuck and uncertain.
I also provide professional supervision and private practice mentoring to mental health professionals and am passionate about ensuring that professionals receive the right support. Additionally, I offer a tailored coaching program (communication coaching). Price on application.
I maintain a strong commitment to my professional and personal development and receive regular clinical supervision.