- Bachelor of Science (Psychology) Hons (National University of Rosario, Argentina)
- PhD (Clinical Psychology) (University of Wollongong)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Hypnosis (Australian Society of Hypnosis)
- Fellow, Australian Psychological Society, College Clinical Psychologists
- Accredited Supervisor, Psychology Board of Australia
- Registered Psychologist, Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
Fridays 10am – 7pm
- $230 per psychological consultation hour
- Medicare rebate is $126.50, claimable in the office through HICAPS. A GP Mental Health Plan is required to obtain this rebate.
- Private health funds rebates may apply. Please check with your private health fund.
- Eligibility for reduced rates may be considered.
Areas of expertise
- Peri and postnatal depression
- Complicated grief reactions
- Emotional dysregulation disorders
- Anxiety and mood disorders
- Clinical (Registrar) and other professional supervision available upon request
- Attachment based interventions
- Cognitive and dialectical behaviour therapy
- Mindfulness based stress reduction
- Mindfulness based cognitive behaviour therapy
Ester finished her undergraduate studies in Psychology in Argentina. She moved to Australia and completed her doctorate in 1998 at the University of Wollongong. Ester is an experienced mental health professional with more than 20 years’ experience working as a clinical consultant psychologist and supervisor. Ester aims to help people realise their potential by removing obstacles such as excessive anxiety, depression and self-defeating behaviours. Additionally, she believes in the importance of providing a respectful space where her clients can observe and utilise their unique strengths. Ester has worked in public and private organisations and enjoys working with people of different populations, ages and backgrounds both individually and in groups. She is also an experienced supervisor of psychologists, clinical psychologists and other professionals including social workers, nurses and case managers. She is currently working part-time as a senior lecturer in the Professional Psychology Programs at the Australian College of Applied Psychology.
Ester has done specialised training with Marsha Linehan in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy. She has also learned Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) from Jon Kabat Zinn and Zaki Santorelli. She has been trained by the Black Dog Institute to facilitate REACH mood disorders support groups. Additionally she has been trained by Borderline Personality Disorders Australia to facilitate Family Connections groups.
Her areas of expertise include postnatal depression and bipolar disorder, perfectionistic behaviours, complicated grief, trauma informed practice and borderline personality disorder.