Qualifications & Training
- Bachelor of Science – Psychology (with Honours), Macquarie University
- Psychologist Internship (2 years), Macquarie University
- Associate Member of the Australian Psychological Society (APS)
- Registered Medicare Provider
- Workers Compensation & CTP (SIRA) Approved Practitioner
- Tuesday 3pm – 8pm
- Wednesday 3pm-8pm
- $190 per 50-55 minute session
- Medicare Rebates apply for clients referred via a GP Mental Health Treatment Plan (up to 10 sessions per calendar year)
- Private health fund rebates may apply
- Bulk billing offered for clients who are eligible for a Medicare rebate, and who also provide details of a current pensioner concession or health care card (up to 10 sessions per calendar year)
- Concessions may be offered to low income students, pensioners and other eligible clients i.e.) those experiencing severe financial hardship
- Workers Compensation and CTP fees are billed directly to the relevant insurer at agreed rates
Lyn is a dedicated, experienced psychologist who has worked in both the private sector as well as in private practice. She is experienced in working with many different client groups, including government employees and government clients, as well as non-government employees and private citizens.
Whilst working in private practice, Lyn has developed a particular interest in working with adults in the areas of depression, anxiety and stress management, as well as with individuals living with chronic physical illness, life changing injury, pain, fatigue and post-traumatic stress.
Lyn is known for her warm and empathic nature, respectfulness, non-judgemental attitude, and sense of humour. She makes use of evidence based approaches in assisting her clients to reach improved levels of functioning, and gain insight and develop skills in better managing emotions, situations, interpersonal interactions and relationships.
Although Lyn works predominately from a Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) framework, she also makes use of her understanding and experience of other modalities including Solution Focused Therapy, Narrative Therapy, Mindfulness, Interpersonal Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Motivational Interviewing techniques to personalise the therapy she provides to each individual client’s unique situation and needs.
Lyn also offers bulk billed and reduced fee spaces to eligible clients on a limited basis.