Qualifications & Training
- Accredited Mental Health Social Worker
- NLP Master Practitioner & NLP Trainer
- Bachelor of Arts (Psychology and Philosophy), University of New South Wales
- Bachelor of Social Work, Charles Sturt University
- Certified Daring Way™ Facilitator (CDWF), based on the research of Dr Brené Brown
- Accredited Mental Health Social Worker, Australian Association of Social Workers
- Clinical Social Worker, Australian College of Social Work, Clinical Division
- Co-founder and Life Member, Australia Board of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLPAA formerly ABNLP Inc.)
- Registered Medicare Provider
Trudy works across 2 practice locations, primarily located in Camden (south western Sydney/Macarthur region) and in Stanmore (inner west Sydney).
Trudy is available to see new clients in Camden- and there is typically no significant waiting time for appointments in Camden.
Unfortunately, Trudy is not taking on new clients in the inner west. If Trudy is unable to see you herself, she may be able to suggest a referral to one of her trusted colleagues in the inner west region.
Trudy is available via telehealth to provide counselling sessions and professional/clinical supervision to ongoing and new clients and supervisees.
- Individual counselling and therapy (For adults aged 18 and over)
- $205 first session (90 minutes)
- $180 for subsequent sessions (60 minutes)
- Coaching fees: P.O.A.
- Professional Supervision (please contact me to discuss)
For clinical and professional supervision and private practice mentoring fees, please contact Trudy by phone or email.
Medicare rebates apply for clients who are referred via a GP Mental Health Treatment Plan. These rebates apply for in person sessions and for telehealth sessions and you may be eligible to claim a rebate for up to 20 sessions per calendar year.
I am an experienced and senior clinician available to provide affordable counselling, therapy, mentoring and coaching in Camden NSW. I have extensive clinical experience and experience in operating a group private practice and managing and supervising allied health professionals.
I have worked in the fields of mental health, counselling & coaching for over 25 years across diverse practice areas in the non-government sector and in private practice; with significant experience in the management and operations of a group private practice. I have worked in private practice for over 17 years in my own practice and from 2009-2020 operated a successful and innovative multi-disciplinary private practice in Ultimo, Sydney. It was truly a privilege to work with the team at Talkingminds and I am indebted to my colleagues from whom I learned so much. I closed Talkingminds Ultimo group practice purely to focus my efforts on my work closer to home and to restore some work life balance after 15 years of regular commuting!
I have a Bachelor of Social Work degree and am an Accredited Mental Health Social Worker and Clinical Social Worker. I have an undergraduate Bachelor of Arts degree (majoring in Psychology and Philosophy). I am currently a postgraduate student in the Master of Counselling Social Work at UNSW Sydney which I hope to complete in 2021. I combine these fields of study and practice areas with innovative modalities including Neuro Linguistic Programming, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Solution Focussed and Strengths based therapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Interpersonal Psychotherapy, Positive Psychology and Success Coaching methods.
I am a Certified Daring Way™ Facilitator (CDWF); a highly experiential methodology based on the research of Dr Brené Brown. As part of The Daring Way™ process we explore topics which include vulnerability, courage, shame and worthiness. These are powerful and life changing concepts and are transformative pathways towards potential and growth.
I am the Director, Founder and Principal Therapist at Talkingminds.
I am interested in the mind-body connection and the ability to heal, regenerate and transform. Drawing on my social work training and strengths based approaches, I work with the ‘whole person’ and consider carefully the context, environment and history of my client’s situations. I consider it a true privilege to bear witness to the transformation of my clients and their individual journeys.
I am well versed in the management and innovative treatment of a range of concerns including depression and anxiety, PTSD and complex trauma, stress management, relationship concerns, grief and loss, work based issues and life transitions. I welcome varied referrals and if I cannot personally assist, will endeavour to link clients with someone who can.
In determining the methods and approach I use with individual clients, I consider the following:
- I work holistically and systemically, assessing the whole person, not just their symptoms or diagnosis.
- I work flexibly in my therapeutic and coaching approach and do not adhere rigidly to one model if this will not produce the best outcomes for my clients. I don’t believe in a ‘one size fits all’ approach. However, in stating the above I am cognisant of the importance of evidence based practice – and conversely practice based evidence!
- I view mental illness and psychological distress within relevant contexts. That context may be cultural, relational, familial, social, vocational, political or spiritual.
- Excellent treatment outcomes are possible with the right therapeutic fit. Real change is possible.
- I hold myself accountable to the same principles that I encourage my clients to consider.
As a senior clinician, I also provide professional supervision and private practice mentoring to mental health professionals and am passionate about ensuring that professionals receive the right support. As a previous group private practice owner, I am across the many aspects of private practice work from both the clinician and Director’s perspectives. I am available to provide telehealth sessions to supervision/mentoring clients who live interstate or in regional or rural locations.
Additionally, I offer a tailored coaching program (communication coaching). This is a unique and tailored program based on 15 years of practice based evidence, research and development.
I maintain a strong commitment to my professional and personal development and receive regular clinical supervision from a highly experienced and senior clinician.
As an experienced counsellor, therapist and mental health social worker, I see a range of adult clients for counselling and therapy at our Stanmore and Camden practices, and where appropriate via telehealth. Feel free to make contact with me.
I am available to see new clients in Camden (south west Sydney, Macarthur region).